Join the Gates Family Association (GFA)
The Gates School is currently accepting names of Gates family members that would like to be involved in the Gates Family Association. Executive Committee Member positions and Committee Member positions are listed below. We welcome all names of those that are interested in serving for the 2022-23 school year.
The Gates School will strive to create a diverse and balanced roster of committee members that accurately represent our school’s demographic. Our goal is to see that every parent and/ or legal guardian has a voice on the GFA and is given the chance to become actively involved in enriching the educational opportunities at our school. The time commitment for the committees are approximately 1-3 hours per month (Committee Member), and 2-4 hours per month (Executive Committee).
The Gates School Family Association will strive to improve the education of every child. The GFA will work to make the school safer, the learning environment more productive, and will seek to have a positive impact on all children at The Gates School. All GFA fundraising efforts, activities, meetings, social media pages and communications are properly sanctioned and approved by the School.
The Gates Family Association Executive Committee positions are as follows
Please check the position(s) that you are interested in serving.
- Fundraising Lead (works with a committee to plan and organize fundraising activities)
- Special Events Lead (coordinates with a committee to plan and facilitate events at the school such as picnics, field day, special celebrations)
- Class Liaison (act as liaison between the class teachers and the GFA, organize room parents)
- Gates University / STEM Lead (works with a committee and school administrators to organize STEM activities and Gates University activities)
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Lead (works with a committee to plan and facilitate appreciation meals and items year round)
- Library Lead (works with a committee and school administrators to assist with library and literacy related activities)
The Gates Family Association Committee Members are as follows.
Please check the committee(s) that you are interested in serving.
- Fundraising Committee
- Special Events Committee
- Gates University / STEM Committee
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Committee
- Library Committee
Thank you for supporting our GFA!